Detroit, MichiganIT Data Analyst 4 #899774
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
Work with Internal Audit to create both Ad Hoc analysis and Continuous Monitoring Dashboards to better identify and control Risks.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be responsible to build, develop and execute data analytics for internal audit. This includes data analytic projects and continuous monitoring techniques executed with consistency and overall strategy, policy and procedures of the company.
- Lead collaboration efforts with business, IT, and internal audit to capture, prioritize and document data analytic requirements and drive measurable results
- Lead team activities to analyze complex data, identify anomalies, and deliver useable insight to internal and external customers
- Lead audit partners in the selection of types of analytics and procedures to apply to meet audit objectives
- Provide training and guidance to internal audit staff focused on data analysis methodology and tools
- Develop and transfer knowledge to both internal and external customers
- Support internal audit annual risk assessment and planning activities
- Lead the identification of opportunities for cost recoveries, cost avoidance, and process and control improvements
- Manage the identification of opportunities for application of advanced analytics and automation in the assigned audit areas
- Prepare documentation and analytical reports that effectively summarize results, assumptions, and conclusions.
- Communicate data analytic conclusions to internal audit and business
- Manage relationships with business, IT, and internal audit personnel at appropriate levels.
- Consistently deliver quality analytics.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Demonstrate in¬-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge.
- Possess good business acumen. Stay current with data analytic techniques/technology
- Regular meetings based on project needs
- Interacting with client to understand data sources
- ETL and loading of data
- Creating dashboards to provide insight to risk
- Data curation and data visualization
- Will work with team and other stakeholders
- 50% independent work, 50% collaborative
- Team does participate in shutdown days and on case by case basis, may need to work through shutdown
- Obtains visibility into entire company
- Insight into different areas of the organization
- Advanced Power BI
- Python, R, Hadoop data bases, OOP,
- Presentation opportunities with senior company leadership
- Organization is focused on continued learning
- 4 hours each Friday is designated to working on a project they are passionate about
- Resume builder
The Senior Data Analyst will possess a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, people skills, and the ability to guide a data strategy. The candidate must possess technical expertise complimented by strong finance analytical abilities. The Senior Analyst must have the ability to manage the extraction, modeling, and front end solutioning of information from various finance databases using complex query statements and advanced database tools. The candidate must have skills to provide data analyses comparing the company's results to those of competitors and the industry, and to draw insights from the organization's data.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field. MBA or MS degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience using business intelligence tools and data bases, applying advanced analytics and data reporting techniques in a large complex environment
- 1-3 years of experience in internal audit, finance, accounting environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
- 3-5 years of experience using Data Visualizations tools (Tableau or PowerBI preferred) (including desktop and server deployment), or similar front end data solutions (e.g., IBM Cognos, Business Objects, MS Excel, MS Access), including ability to design and implement canned / AdHoc reports and complex dashboard solutions
- Working knowledge of SAP (FI/CO/MM/SD modules)
- Experienced with data acquisition and manipulation, modeling, and analyzing data from core financial platforms (SAP, Hyperion, Enterprise Data Warehouse) and various mainframe systems
- Experience with ETL (Knime), Python, R
- Experience writing efficient Structured Query Language (SQL) using various SQL development software packages including Greenplum and Oracle PL/SQL. Ability to use custom SQL or Hive/Hadoop for complex data pulls
- Extensive experience in Database querying, writing procedures, complex joins and indexes
- Ability and comfort level independently researching inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies
- Experience mapping out the conceptual designed for planned database; considering both the backend organization of data and front-end accessibility for end users
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage and work with external consultants
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
Top 3 skills
- Advanced Data Visualization (Power BI preferred) 3 years minimum
- Data curation (SQL, Hadoop, Knime)
- Self-motivated, project management, data organization
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/