Troy, MichiganProject Manager #899844
- Under minimal supervision an Executive Leader, performs and/or manages project work of a generally complex nature aimed at improving operating systems and functions, with increasing responsibility for project planning.
- Budgets and allocates analyst resources for projects within scope of responsibility.
- Prepares reports and recommendations for management and coordinates implementation whenever possible.
- May act as a consultant on projects outside of specific assignments. Supervises tasks of support staff relative to assigned projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works independently to manage complex projects involving coordination of multiple participants and teams aimed at improving operating systems and functions within.
- Maintains a high level of responsibility for completion of projects within a department, Hospital or Region with strategic implications.
- Conducts reviews of Hospital/Medical Group areas on a project basis; acts as a project lead for individual or multi-analyst projects.
- Prepares project plans including scheduling, costs, personnel matters and other operational concerns.
As a project manager, has the following responsibilities:
- Developing and refining project scope and objectives
- Developing and refining project work plan
- Recommend and provide input for budget preparation
- Guiding day-to-day activities of the project team
- Facilitate and/or lead meetings and teams
- Supplying periodic project updates to hospital administration. preparing project management reports, and coordinating written and verbal presentations of project findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Conceptualizes ideas, develops work plan, and plan execution into project format.
- Develops and determines priorities and monitors status of projects on an ongoing basis.
- Exercises independent judgment and makes difficult decisions.
- Works with all levels of the Hospital, Region and System.
- Conducts interviews with users and performs various data gathering techniques.
- Fosters teamwork with all involved parties to insure efficient project operations.
- Documents current systems and operations.
- Analyzes client systems, procedures, and operations and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies and tests alternative methods and procedures and identifies associated costs and benefits.
- Defines requirements to modify existing procedures or develops new system.
- Assists in the implementation of revised or new methods.
- Guides support staff in performing operations analysis and decision support activities. Establishes work schedules and priorities to ensure that work flow is controlled.
- Identifies internal staff development needs and opportunities for improvement or enhancement of staff skills.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years in Operations Analysis, Management Engineering, Operations management, or a related analytical field in health care or management consulting directed toward process improvement - required
- Previous supervisory and/or consulting experience - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, or a relevant technical/ management field - Required
- Master's Degree - Preferred
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/