Lansing, MichiganProject Manager 3 #904254
This Project Manager will be responsible for a $20 million modernization project, which will be highly complex, require extensive change and vendor management skills, and experience with Microsoft DevOps.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
- Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor.
- Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
- Documents risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Manages scope.
- Creates and implements a communication plan.
- Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes. Negotiates resources. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Provides technical support to project members.
- Handles complex application features and technical designs. Designs and implements the components required for complex application features.
- Generally manages a group of applications system analysts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Professional certification is highly desirable.
- May require specific PC, workstation, operating system, application or platform skills. Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project. Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts.
- Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance.
- Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- 5 years of experience managing projects with budgets greater than $5 million.
- 5 years Agile Leadership Experience (document in resume)
- 10 years of experience as a project manager (must be last position)
- Microsoft DevOps Experience
- Experience working with other project managers to ensure technology integration between systems
- Must be local to Lansing, Michigan area. Work will be 2 days per week in office and 3 days remote.
- Previous SOM experience highly desired
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/