Warren, MichiganPurchasing - Buyer #904416
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
- Assist the buyer in purchasing productive and non-productive materials and services
- Work independently with decisions made based on established policies and procedures.
- Supervision available to handle unusual situations.
- Maintains records of prices and terms negotiated with suppliers
- Maintains listing of reliable suppliers
- Responds to internal inquiries about vendors, price and availability of materials and tools
- Confirms purchase orders to suppliers
- Checks invoices
- Follows up on negotiated settlements regarding rejected or defective materials
- Advises supervision of unusual or questionable circumstances regarding source and availability of parts
- Adheres to unit and Corporate purchasing policies and procedures
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Work on parts not placed list for Buyer or Senior Buyer
- Purpose: Buyer working to support service parts CCA new vehicles launches
- Projects: All new vehicles programs
- Typical day: Cross functionally engagement with supply chain engineering and other buyers and suppliers as needed
- Team interaction: working independent with close collaboration with team
- Environment: Hybrid as appropriate and business casual
- Extensions: YES based on performance and budget
- Shutdown Days: YES schedule is followed
- Selling points: Hybrid flexibility, training and engagement with the company process and learn the business side of things
- Skills to gain: learn the organization’s buying role
- Multi-tasking/follow-up/handling open-issues
- Ability to use various IT systems (they will be trained) to issue RFQ’s, contracting and engineering changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics or related Field or equivalent experience preferred not required or 5+ years of industry experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/