Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #904816
- Technical Lead The Technology & Software organization creates digital software products for dealers and customers to support Company's strategic goal to be the reason customers choose and stay with Company.
- Product Technical Lead for Company Pro Insure will contribute to the development of new digital products for company Commercial customers.
- Company Pro Insure will expand the one-stop shop of products and services offered by Company Pro to commercial customers.
- Company Pro customers have come to expect a complete set of products and services that ensure their fleets are the most efficient and productive business tools they can be.
- Product Technical Lead for Company Pro Insure will
- Apply technology towards successful project implementation and ongoing support.
- Apply software skills to build technical and application integration services, data mapping and transfer, report design and configurations.
- Design and implement industry-leading products and services to maximize value and productivity for Commercial customers
- Work closely with other stakeholders & teams across Ford Credit This position reports to Engineering Manager of Company Pro Insure.
- Key TSP Organization Facts
- Over 1,000 global team members
- Spread across 8 locations: USA, Argentina, Brazil, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, India, and China
Functional & Technical Skills
- Proven experience with front end and backend software technologies
- Extensive experience working on cloud and digital platforms
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies & eXtreme Programming
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, designers, and product owners
- Ability to build new APIs & reuse existing APIs as needed
- Ability to support delivery of front-end digital experiences
- Strong communication, collaborative, and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work closely with senior leadership
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to the audience
- Ability to work collaboratively and navigate complex decision making in a rapidly changing environment
- Translates solution blueprint (if available) and high-level architecture / design into detailed design for project team
- Coordinates data conversion related activities, including but not limited to mapping, testing, balancing, resolving exceptions and cleanup.
- Design software integration with 3rd party systems and internal systems
- Plans, leads, and coordinates User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including triaging and resolving feedback.
- Prepares training materials and conducts user training.
- Provides coaching and oversight of project team members to ensure productivity and quality.
- Leverages Origami standard configuration where possible and follows established best practices and industry standards when designing, configuring, and consulting on solutions.
- Leads configuration of the Origami platform to meet the project requirements.
- Leads Origami configuration and workflows validations against converted data to ensure data properly supports the configuration
- Designs and builds reports and dashboards to transform data into meaningful insights.
- Assists with the training and onboarding of new Origami colleagues.
- Depending on size and complexity of project and/or account, may also be assigned to perform duties of project
- 10+ years of technology experience designing and implementing software using various programming languages
- Past experience integrating the packaged solution with third parties like Origami/DuckCreek/Guideware required.
- GraphQL and apigee platform experience preferred
- Relevant work experience in Agile development, DevSecOps practices, APIs and microservices
- Knowledge & Experience building scalable, resilient, and fault tolerant applications in public/private cloud infrastructures
- Understanding of test automation leveraging testing tools such as Cypress, Newman Postman, Selenium, etc
- Understanding of CI/CD tools like Tekton, Argo CD and configuration tools like Chef, puppet and Ansible.
- Understanding of creating enterprise scale monitoring and operational architecture using tools like Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms.
- Familiar with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways
- GCP competency and certifications preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- P&C Insurance industry experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/