Dearborn, MichiganMainframe Development Practitioner #902453
- The US Payroll and Salaried Timekeeping Product Team is seeking a software engineer that has deep experience in mainframe development in an agile delivery environment.
- This position will be responsible for changes to the HRIMS Payroll and IM12NE (NETSUS) Salaried Timekeeping systems to ensure the systems are able to comply with dynamic changes in taxation, income withholdings, benefits, pay rates, bonus, time, attendance, payments, etc.
- This position will also be a key contributor to the modernization of the Payroll and Salaried Timekeeping system, giving the person the opportunity to learn new skills/experiences in cloud-based technologies.
- Use the agile methodology to develop, implement, and test Features, User Stories and tasks.
- Ensure continued compliance with all corporate standards, policies, and controls including maintaining documentation for S-Ox compliance.
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing (weekly for hourly employees, bi-monthly for Salaried GSR, and monthly for Salaried LL+).
- Provide technical support to other support team members involved in incident resolution/job abends
- Ensure the integration between up/down stream systems are maintained (HCM, Benefits, Banks, Govt Agencies).
- Verifies that the delivered software product meets desired business outcomes
- Prepare technical design specifications for new system changes
- Develop batch programs per specifications
- Participate in quality assurance reviews (design, code, and test plan reviews)
- Participate in integration testing
- Support UAT
- Roll code into production
- Databases: IDMS DB/CULPRIT
- Languages: COBOL, SAS, JCL, Mainframe Programming, CA7 within Mainframe environment
- Software/Tools: TSO, MS Office, Rally, CMOD (Content Manager on Demand)
- Communications Protocols & Services: FTP, sFTP, z/OS Connect
- Ability to see big picture, identifies patterns and dependencies in very complex projects, and decomposes complex systems into their foundational elements.
- Proven ability to develop a strong IT Point of View and influence stakeholders for buy-in
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical knowledge of IT software development cycle and Technology lifecycles
- Working Security and Control knowledge especially for S-Ox applications.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Experience on PDO concepts/Agile and related framework / tools (i.e., Rally)
- Working business knowledge of Personal Administration, Benefits, Payroll (taxes, IWO, payments etc.), Timekeeping, Accounting.
- S. Information Systems/Computer Science or equiv. work experience.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/