Dearborn, MichiganData Engineer General #901395
Agency position for GDIA connective vehicle data operating system product.
- Concierge connected vehicle data use cases through the current process and enablers to solutions/answers.
- Support and enhance the supply side of Connected Vehicle Data.
- Measure success through the improvement of the CV Data journey and process.
- Leverage domain network to identify/categorize/rank the connectivity usefulness for all vehicle data elements encountered during customer engagements.
- Design “data readiness” per use case, understand data nuances and populate feedback mechanisms to document lessons learns and future data use.
- Capture retrospectives from each CV Data experience for assisting future use cases (what worked/what didn’t, extra meta-data needed to come to solution, demystify tribal knowledge).
- Document CV Data experiences in Data Library and Widget Catalogue to make them shareable to other Customer Success/Data Users.
- Translate pain points and opportunities of the CV Data journey into user stories for co-located product team to build into software solutions.
- Collaborate with co-located product team in maturing low-fidelity process improvement prototypes into Self-Service tools for end-users.
- Collaborate within GDI&A, Enterprise Connectivity, PD, OGC, EPLM, GDIA, and related tech partners to ensure alignment and best possible benefit to the enterprise.
- Knowledge around data documentation, decoding specifications, and tribal knowledge associated with understanding the nuance of Vehicle Data.
- Knowledge around how GPDS process drives the design and delivery of Vehicle Data.
- Vehicle Launch or Control System development experience a plus.
- Highly motivated with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Highly effective communicator, ability to work with a cross-functional team comprised of internal and external stakeholders across professional levels including senior management.
- Start-Up mindset (e.g., agility, flexibility, fast-pace, no hierarchy, out of box thinking, proactive approach, not afraid to ask questions).
- Ability to capture customer wants and ‘fuzzy concepts’ into tangible user epics, stories, and tasks that can be cascaded to appropriate development teams.
- Familiarity with Agile project management and PDO model a plus.
- Experience with computer programming or computer data science tools a plus.
- Lifelong learner with the ability to expand knowledge in a variety of disciplines including engineering, analytics, decision science, data management, and big data.
- This is a very hands-on role not a 9am-5pm job or a do things by delegation role. Be a part of a dynamic team that's shaping the future of Company.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/