Dearborn, MichiganJ2EE Development Consultant/Expert #895246
- MPP - Creates and implements IT software solutions or services to solve business and infrastructure needs.
- Ensures the implementation of functional/nonfunctional requirements to produce the final solution.
- Coordinates and consults with application architects to ensure design is appropriately implemented within the solution or service.
- Develops solutions with architects to ensure interoperability of interfacing systems and develops prototypes.
- Uses agile methodologies to produce quality solutions.
- Provides input on program estimation and project planning.
- Develops implementation and transition plans.
- Ensures solutions or services adhere to IT principles such as optimizing system performance, maintainability and usability requirements while meeting IT standards, procedures, security, and policies.
- Leads team members for a shared understanding of the solution.
- Interacts with technical peers (business analysts, developers, and architects), IT, business management, and vendors.
- May participate in cross-functional global committees (e.g., standards, best practices).
- 5+ yrs. overall IT experience including
- 5+ yrs. of Java, Java EE development experience using RSA/RAD/Eclipse or similar tooling.
- 5+ yrs. of experience with Data Modeling, RDBMS.
- 3+ yrs. of O/R mapping such as TopLink, Hibernate or similar.
- Experience with WebSphere application server or similar.
- Experience with a source code-repository.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design. Knowledge of core Java patterns, SOA design patterns.
- Experience with performance tuning multi-tiered Java applications, including agile practices.
- Strong performance tuning and problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of agile principles, value, best practices, and tools.
- Practical experience in all systems life cycle phases.
- Strong analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate in the IT development community on teams of varying sizes to obtain a common goal.
- Experience with developing detailed business requirements and translating into systems requirements.
- Experience with identifying critical performance characteristics and security measures.
- Experience with testing and testing strategies.
- Experience with providing estimates of effort and time required for deliverables.
- Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot.
- Experience with contemporary tools and frameworks such as: Java web components: web services, JSF, and Angular.
- Testing: JUnit, xUnit, Jasmine, FitNesse, JBehave, easyb, Cucumber, ScalaTest, Selenium, and QTP.
- Automated Build: Gradle, Jenkins, uBuild, Ant, Maven, and Ivy.
- Code Analysis: Sonar, Sonargraph, FindBugs, and Code Coverage.
- Dependency Injection/IOC/Mocking: Spring, Guice, CDI, Mockito, EasyMock, and JMockit. IDE: Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ.
- Backlog Management: CA Technologies (formerly Rally). Source code repository: AccuRev, and GIT.
- Spring Platform: Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, and Spring Cloud.
- Experience with standard development environment, technologies and tools.
- Experience with patterns and architecture standards.
- Will need to interface closely with other Developers, Application Architects, Business Analysts, Architects, DA/DBAs, and Project Managers to understand requirements, identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Will need to work across internal teams to ensure interfaces and/or integration points are well coordinated.
- May interact with senior IT specialists, and business counterparts.
Bachelor of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/