Auburn Hills, MichiganBattery Management Control Systems Verification Engineer #901116
The Battery Management Control Systems Verification Engineer will work with battery management system (BMS) hardware and software for use in electrified vehicle powertrains.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with BMS team and other groups to ensure resources, timing, and other program requirements are met
- Viewing requirements for hardware and software
- Identifying requirements with testable requirements
- Assigning and tracking opening issue test items from OEM and Supplier and hold periodic review meetings
- Ensuring CVVR and DVR completion
- Developing and tracking supplier and OEM validation and verification plans
- Coordinate with calibration team for developing and executing test plans for BMS system verification at vehicle level
- Participate in designing experiments to troubleshoot BMS issues and establishing at what test level the experiment should be executed (HIL, battery pack, vehicle)
- Report out results for issue resolution
- Review, audit and contribute to test cases from OEM (LV, HIL, HV HIL, Battery Pack and Vehicle Calibration) and Supplier (if used) for robust testing
- Oversee special ad hoc testing for characterization, what-if scenarios, root cause determination, or other special tests
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Physics.
- At least 2 years of experience with vehicle testing, control module validation, or automotive requirements verification
- Prior experience with software and hardware development and diagnostics tools (e.g., HIL testers, CANalyzer, INCA, etc.)
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Prior experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS hardware
- At least 2 years’ prior experience with development and testing of battery systems in hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Masters or advanced degree in the aforementioned educational disciplines
- Lithium ion battery experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/