Auburn Hills, MichiganTire and Wheel Design / Release Engineer #888097
The Tire and Wheel Design/Release Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of tires.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Quality improvements
- Cost reduction
- Weight reduction
- Efficiency improvements
- Communicating technical product status to management
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university.
- 3+ years of experience of Wheel / Tire product development experience, wheel / tire manufacturing background, wheel and tire assembly processing knowledge, product quality systems understanding
- GD&T skill set needed
- Solid understanding of system/component design/development.
- Ability to write and execute a DVP&R for a wheel/tire system application,
- DFMEA working knowledge.
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
- General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP.
- Chassis system/component engineering experience.
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work to management and cross-functional teams.
- Vehicle dynamics background.
- Quality / reliability engineering knowledge.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/