Auburn Hills, MichiganVehicle Dynamics Engineer #887586
The Brake Systems Test & Development Engineer would be responsible for full functional integration of vacuum boosted, and electrical boosted, brake systems to meet vehicle functional objectives, and performance goals, as well as managing/validating to the system level DVP&R, and Regulatory Requirements (NAFTA, ECE, & GCC/GSO Compliance and Conformance of Production). The engineer will reside at CPG, and conduct DV and Certification Tests, using Link Data Acquisition Systems to gather braking performance data.
This Individual would be responsible for all aspects of testing, which includes:
- a) coordination and planning of testing at CPG/APG to meet NA Program milestones;
- b) overview of test equipment set-up;
- c) conducting post-test data processing, and consequent analysis of given data to insure test accuracy;
- d) development of reports which recognize potential issues relative to compliance with Regulations and/or general braking performance; and
- e) issuance of documents to support submission of final Compliance Reports. The Engineer interacts with test technicians at CPG/APG, as well as Chassis Foundation Brakes, Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Safety & Compliance, and Witness Test Agencies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials/Chemical/Civil/Aerospace) from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
- 3+ years engineering design and development experience of brake system experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of federal brake test standards - FMVSS 135 & FMVSS 105
- Experience in data analysis, data mining, and/or trend analysis
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record - will be required to drive company vehicles.
- Experience with hydraulic brake systems, anti-lock brakes, and electronic stability control
- Knowledge of European brake test standards - AMS & ECE-13H
- Experience with data acquisition equipment, sensors, and calibration
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills along with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic with ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/