MichiganSystems Engineering Practitioner #905055
- This is an Information Technology Operations based role that supports Dearborn Truck and the amazing new Rouge Electric Vehicle Center (REVC) F-150 Lightning facility where America’s best-selling vehicle for over 40+ years are built.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to be a member of the Site IT team and assist in redefining and reimagining how site IT lends support to the manufacturing team, as the site operationalizes its electrification revolution.
- As a member of the Plant I.T. team you will be hands on assisting the plant in producing these very exciting and new vehicles for the NA consumer market.
- As part of the job responsibilities, you will interface and support IT across a broad host of Infrastructure & Applications that the plant uses to produce these exhilarating vehicles.
- You will also lend your knowledge and experiences to support process improvement efforts toward flexible and lean manufacturing, enabling Factory of Tomorrow (e.g. IIOT, Software-defined networks, next-generation error proofing, digital broadcast, and various mobility solutions and pilots) along with supporting the legacy manufacturing execution systems within the facility.
- The successful candidate will be working with a global team to provide support that includes technical troubleshooting, data analysis & problem resolution for the applications & infrastructure on the plant floor and lead various efforts to ensure all responsible manufacturing applications meet company’s productivity goals.
- You will also interface daily with all business departments in the plant, from assembly and industrial controls to quality and finance.
- This position provides an excellent opportunity to not only expand your IT Skillset, but also to acquire manufacturing experience that will enhance your long-term career potential.
- Support a multi-shift operation in a manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in support a multi-shift operation.
- Requires rotating schedule to support business processes. (Days, nights and or weekends).
- Provide technical support (I.T. Applications, Infrastructure, operating systems, end-user-productivity tools) to plant business customers throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Interface with corporate IT and business owners to prioritize improvement efforts.
- Support Plant Floor Systems / PDO teams in resolving incidents; Provide triage and business c1ontinuity plans, support escalations, provide hands and feet to support teams and other global teams (e. g. DBA, Server Operations, Ops Control, Network Operations) if necessary.
- Focus on the integration / long term maintenance of applications and hardware.
- Assist site IT manager with managing assignments and workload.
- Develop, maintain, and share, accurate support documentation.
- Support of local network equipment in a Cisco based environment.
- Support of local servers across both physical and virtual environments in a Windows and Linux based ecosystem.
- Support of FOT deployments and expansion efforts utilizing IIIOT, iOS, software-defined network, mobile, and Android based equipment.
- A strong desire to learn manufacturing operations and business practices from an IT perspective is required.
- Broad business and manufacturing perspective is helpful.
- Understanding of computer-based tools, computing infrastructure and interest in processes that support manufacturing is core.
- A willingness to work in a high-pressure production environment and flexible working shift is a foundation in this space.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple tasks
- Work efficiently and effectively with diverse, cross functional teams under stressful circumstances
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams.
- The ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience, work with all levels of management and diverse work groups, including globally distributed teams.
- Including the ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience across all levels of management and knowledge.
- Motivated self-starter
- Identifying, investigating & solving problems without supervision
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate will have or be willing to quickly learn the following items:
- Experience with Server administration; Windows (2016+) or Linux
- Familiar with Cisco routers and switches to include basic staging, troubleshooting and cable installation.
- Willing to learn Cisco software-defined architecture (SDA) troubleshooting and implementation.
- Knowledge of Windows server and Windows Active Directory/ADFS
- Experience with VM servers (Vsphere).
- Experience with Android and/or iOS, iPhones, iPads.
- Experience with Office365.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience with Office automation, Windows, PC’s & Printers
- Any plant floor automation experience is highly desired (Control systems, PLC’s, etc.), but not required.
- High School or GED
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/