Jackson, MichiganDesign Technician II #905125
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
- The GAM M&R EI&C designer is responsible for developing the Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) drawings used to complete infrastructure improvement projects involving the installation or modification of electrical systems, communications systems and process measurement devices at natural gas regulation and associated pipeline facilities.
- The designer also assists in developing support detail and information documents for various engineering activities and projects as well as supporting material procurement and development of design standards.
- Design technicians must have advanced computer and applications knowledge.
- Communication skills are important to this role.
- Clear and precise drawings are needed to effectively convey the designs to the operational and construction groups.
- The designs this person provide need to be safe, ergonomic, and practical. Drafting experience utilizing MicroStation or AutoCAD, or similar.
- An associate degree in the requisite scientific or technical field. Significant years of relevant design experience may be considered in leu of a technical degree.
- Writing Standard
- Auto cad
- Communications Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Systems Engineering
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/