Lansing, MichiganProject Manager 2 #905137
This Scrum Master/Project Manager will plan, develop, and execute agile projects to enhance the Key light application, our Governance Risk and Compliance tool. Responsibilities will include managing and coaching the project scrum team to implement agile project management methodologies involved in delivery of various Key light enhancements and bug fixes.
- Leads and coaches project teams and drives successful delivery of highest value features.
- Develops schedule and cost plans that support the business objectives, timelines, budgets, resources, milestones, and project deliverables.
- Leads teams in implementing Scrum in order to maximize velocity. Works with Product Owner to create a product backlog and to ensure highest value features are delivered at agreed time.
- Actively participates in assisting the team with resolving issues and escalates as needed. Works with IT Manager to coordinate outside part time resources as needed.
- Prepares and conducts periodic project status reports to update project governance teams and executive management regularly on progress, risks, and issues.
- Prepares and presents monthly project status reports to stakeholders.
- Manages project execution to achieve highest value project deliverables within the established schedule and budget.
- Tracks progress on a daily basis through burn up, burn down and velocity tracking. Understand and help manage product back log.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
- Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor.
- Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics.
- Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities. Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope.
- Creates and implements a communication plan. Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes. Negotiates resources.
- Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Provides technical support to project members. Handles complex application features and technical designs.
- Designs and implements the components required for complex application features.
- Generally, manages a group of applications system analysts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Professional certification is highly desirable.
- May require specific PC, workstation, operating system, application or platform skills. Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project.
- Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts. Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives. Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance.
- Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- 3-5+ years of IT software Project Management experience
- 2+ years Scrum Master experience with certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to drive project planning and execution process and add value beyond just a task- oriented doer or project manager
- Familiarity with systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with Governance Risk and Compliance framework
- Must be local to Lansing, Michigan area. Work will be 2 days per week in office and 3 days remote.
- Previous experience with us highly desired
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/