Dearborn, MichiganProduct Designer Senior #905152
- Our Company's Global Data Insights & Analytics (GDI&A) department crafts innovative services to prepare smart vehicles for a smart world.
- Here in the data science division, we apply user experience principles to ensure our methods serve our end users.
- Our product designers oversee a portfolio of product teams, identifying patterns and use cases across the portfolio to better serve their end users.
- They apply a design thinking mindset, user research skills, and business strategy to align teams around a human-centric roadmap.
- They collaborate closely with product owners, product managers, and fellow designers across their portfolio.
- In addition to traditional Product Designer responsibilities, we are also looking for SharePoint specific site design AND BUILD knowledge and experience.
- The ideal candidate for this role can lead the building of SharePoint sites which effectively communicate our Product Capabilities and Features.
- Represent the user’s perspective throughout the product lifecycle through discovery, ideation, and validation
- Balance user needs, business objectives and technical feasibility to solve problem effectively – make UX and UI recommendations for data lake / data warehouse users
- Conduct generative user research such as contextual inquiry, ethnography, field research, user interviews, and stakeholder interviews
- Transform user research into assets such as UI wireframes, journey maps, empathy maps, story boards, personas, etc.
- Justify your research strategy and insights to stakeholders (un)familiar with the UX discipline
- Work collaboratively with product owners, product managers, and fellow designers to ensure that the user perspective is understood and factored into product design – represent the voice and needs of the end user
- Review quality of solution throughout the product development process
- Facilitate and lead design thinking sessions/workshops with various technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Guide product decisions through user research and iterative feedback loops
- Apply user experience best practices and principles to low and/or high fidelity designs, from wireframes to mockups to interactive prototypes
- Design and Build SharePoint sites with the purpose of communicating Product offerings, capabilities, features in a simple yet stylistic manner
- Empathy: curious about how other people work, live, and think, you will enjoy meeting the users of our products and stakeholders
- Thinking: having ability to see things holistically to suggest/design the best suitable solution and bring clarity out of an ambiguous environment
- Balance: cutting a path to productions means weighing user’s needs (Desirability) with business requirements (Viability) and available resources (Feasibility)
- Delivery Focused: demonstrate a focus on the end goal of providing our end-users features and capabilities via a UX and UI which surprise and delight, and do so with a focus on speed (while not sacrificing quality) and a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of post-collegiate experience in UX research
- 3+ years of post-collegiate experience in interaction design
- 2+ years of post-collegiate experience in visual design
- 2+ years of experience with SharePoint
- Bachelors’ or master’s degree in human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology, communications, or equivalent
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling challenging problems, and sharing your learnings with others
- Ability to build credibility and trust with team members and senior leaders
- Flexibility to work on initiatives with unclear and changing requirements
- Familiar with design tools
- Experience with designing written documentation (tech writing)
- Prior member of a Lean/Agile product team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/