Southfield, MIDocument Control Specialist I #905348
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
Document Controllers manage and oversee documents for projects. They ensure the proper documents are created and signed, that all data is accurate and that documents are stored and backed up and any retention policies are followed.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working well both independently and in teams.
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of engineering drawings and records associated with Gas Compression projects and plant modifications.
- Act as the subject matter expert for project document control/records management on assigned projects
- Manage assigned work and project files which include: drawings, specifications and other technical documents in both construction and final design stages that require processing and technical judgement.
- Ensure all technical documents, such as reports, drawings and other crucial project documents are collected and registered in the proper system of record.
- Perform advanced work in several areas of specialization/discipline that requires independent judgement.
- Interpret and analyze a wide variety of technical problems and issues on engineering drawings and construction project related
- Perform a variety of technical tasks: participate in providing cross training to personnel at the sites, make confident decisions in support of the Projects and Plant to resolve daily issues as required.
- Provide weekly updates and/or progress reports to management upon request.
- Responsible for data entry and maintenance of drawings in ProjectWise which is used for tracking metadata and storage of engineering documents to assure configuration management.
- Communicate with Project Managers and Engineers to assure that support required is being provided.
- Update incoming vendor documents through ProjectWise Deliverables Management to assure the latest revisions of drawings and documents are available to all Site and Office personnel.
- Responsible for an administrative review of all drawings prior to issuing for record.
- Responsible for reviewing new drawing revisions prior transmitting issuing for record, issue new drawing numbers as follows:
- Check for adherence to our procedural requirements per standards & checklist
- Verify accuracy and completeness of documents
- Configuration Management (Revision Control)
- Active participant in project meetings
- Perform other duties assigned by Manager upon request
- Bacground and experience in Document Control/Records Management and related Technical Support preferably with engineering
- Ability to manage and prioritize work successfully
- Ability to read drawings
- Strong communication skills – ability to report to levels up
- Attention to detail
- Experience with creating and using Microsoft products and other complex systems
- Some college coursework in communication, drafting computer science or a related field preferred.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/