Southfield, MIFinancial Analyst I #883875
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
Primary responsibility is to lead the closeout activities for capital projects:
- Create Work Orders in SAP for investment projects, master data used to collect project financials
- Align and set prioritized project closings schedule with responsible area analyst
- Review and prioritize projects for financial close
- Monitor closings schedule milestones
- Identifies potential new capital assets and completes Capital Review Forms for consideration.
- Review actuals for projects according to policies and procedures issued by Property Accounting and General Accounting; requesting guidance or assistance if required.
- Analyze, interpret and verify financial documents and reports; make corrections and update as necessary
- Assist with month-end close process including preparation of journal entries based on closeout analysis.
- Entry level financial analyst duties; reconciliation, investigation of actual postings and variance explanation compared to actual data.
- Analyzes and interprets technical data to create equipment records, and maintenance plans within SAP.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of equipment master data sheets for individual projects.
- Creates and assures completion of interim and final acceptance close-out documents with identified responsible parties.
- Assists with identification of equipment needing tagging or maintenance plans
- Enters related information into SAP, including, but not limited to: technical ID’s, and maintenance plans.
- Cross Training on Invoice processing and auditing
- Oversee the management of project orders for capturing costs, actual and forecast.
- This will entail the initial creation of SAP work orders with all required master data identified and coded accurately.
- Release of orders for charging, review of data posted to orders for accuracy compared to accounting standards and finally close out of orders when project is complete and “in service”.
- This position will work with BP&A analysts, Facilities Project Managers, Property Accounting and General Accounting to communicate guidelines and ensure procedures are followed in accordance with company accounting standards.
- Maintaining records for individual projects and the ability to report on the overall volume of orders/projects and current status is required to be successful.
- Preparing property accounting documentation for proper adherence to company policy is required.
- Ability to review data in detail and compile at high level for reporting results to project managers and all levels of management is required.
- Attention to detail, self-starter, ability to work independently, communication skills, organization and preparedness are critical for this role.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work hours at assigned worksite is expected.
- 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting Related Area
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/