Lansing, MichiganProgrammer Analyst 6 #905426
The position is responsible for providing ongoing maintenance and support of complex Java applications and developing enhancements to Electronic Test Ordering and Results(ETOR) for MDHHS State Labs and Oral Kindergarten application modernization for Child and Adolescent Health business area. Changes are being made to enhance the stability and functionality of
the ETOR system. The resource is integral to developing and maintaining MDHHS’ ETOR and Oral Health automated processes, streamlining critical business processes, data integrity, SEM/SUITE compliance, and securing the applications. The resource also performs as a technical lead and provides technical guidance to the other developers in the department. As a technical lead, the resource participates in a variety of analytical assignments that provide for the enhancement, integration, maintenance, and implementation of projects. The resource also provides technical oversight to developers in the team that support other critical applications. Not having a resource on staff will lead to MDHSS manually documenting and developing screen plans that can lead to errors causing data integrity issues and can eventually lead to incorrect information being processed and reporting of the patient information.
- Develop business application components using Object Oriented java/JEE technologies, design principles.
- Design and develop RESTful Web Services using Spring Web MVC framework.
- Design, Develop and maintain applications using Apache Struts framework.
- Ability to implement design patterns like Intercepting Filter, Front Controller, Session Façade, DAO, Singleton, and Service Locator
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC) including experience in gathering requirements and writing functional/technical specifications for complex projects.
- Excellent knowledge in designing both logical and physical database model
- Develop database objects including stored procedures, functions,
- Troubleshoots issues using SQL, PL/SQL scripts and tuning SQL queries and scripts
- Hands on experience Integrating software components into a fully functional software system
- Extensive knowledge on source control tools such as GIT
- Experience on Build Frameworks like Maven, maintain source code using source control, and baseline software versions and build war files for deployments
- Experience developing with application servers Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Sphere, OpenShift Container
- Develop software design documents and work with stakeholders for review and approval.
- Experience developing, prototypes, mockup for users review and approval.
- Exposure to flowcharts, screen layouts and documentation to ensure logical flow of the system requirements
- Experience working on large agile projects.
- Experience with Java 8, SOAP Web-Services and Java Messaging Service (JMS) API.
- Experience with Spring Boot Projects, Spring Data, Spring Batch, Spring Security frameworks.
- Good to have knowledge of Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and ActiveMQ broker.
- Experience in Database Design in Oracle and SQL server.
- Experience in modern architecture things like micro services, security, cloud, and containerization
- Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops
- 12+ years developing complex computer systems using Java.
- 12+ years developing complex computer systems using java IDEs such as Eclipse, STS
- 8+ years programming using Java JEE Struts Framework
- 12+ years programming in SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- 8+ years programming using Java JEE Spring/Spring Boot Framework 3.0.
- 8+ years of development using Hibernate/JPA framework.
- Over 5+ years programming in the JBOSS Enterprise SOA environment including JBOSS Workflow.
- Over 5+ years using CMM/CMMI Level 3 methods and practices.
- Over 5+ years implemented agile development processes including test driven development.
- Over 3+ years’ Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops- Nice to have
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/
State of Michigan
Candidate Cover Sheet
Please attach completed form as an additional document with the candidate resume in dotStaff™. This form is required for all IT staff augmentation positions with the State of Michigan. If required fields on this form are not completed, the candidate may be withdrawn from consideration.
*Candidate Availability for In Person interview:
*Current Location of Candidate (City, State):
*Is candidate through a sub vendor:
If yes, sub vendor name:
*Earliest availability to start if selected:
*Key engagements over the last two years:
*Has candidate ever worked at the State:
If yes, what department and division:
If yes, dates of employment at the State:
*Does candidate have any relatives working at the State:
If yes, list their name(s) and department(s):
*Describe how past work experience relates to this position:
By typing my name below, I have validated that all the information contained in the Candidate’s resume related to technical skills and experience is accurate.
Vendor Representative Name: Click or tap here to enter text. Date: Click or tap here to enter text.