Auburn Hills, MichiganInfotainment Feature Lead Engineer – Senior #905783
The Feature Technical Lead Senior will coordinate the cross functional team activities with a goal of meeting or exceeding the launch metrics for new features while advocating as the Voice of the Customer. The successful candidate will work seamlessly with colleagues in Product Planning, Core Engineering, Systems Engineering, HMI, and Validation, with a focus on new feature development and delivery to meet corporate milestones.
Specific job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure common process and consistent execution of the virtual/physical tools and processes
- Create and Maintain customer functional objectives, targets, and guidelines
- Act as the technical expert at the vehicle level for assigned domain areas
- Assist in creation of new test procedures and revisions of existing procedures
- Support Vehicle Issue Resolution as a member of first responder team
- Participate in global alignment of requirements
- Lead lessons learned for domain area
- Own initiatives to address Quality, Warranty, and 3rd Party evaluation concerns
- Support Platform new feature development
- Support program specific new feature development
- Competitive Benchmarking
- Voice of Customer Clinics
- Bachelors of Science Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or Systems Engineering or an equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- 5 years of automotive experience
- Very positive attitude with ability to facilitate with cross-functional experience
- Highly motivated individual with a track record of ""getting things done""
- Self-starter who can work cross-functionally with other organizations
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Good mentoring and coaching skills with ability to work directly with individuals and groups
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to communicate technical content to a non-technical audience
- Good project coordination skills
- Flexibility - must be able to adapt to changing environment with minimal effect on productivity
- Willing to travel up to 20% away from primary work location
- Master of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Software Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Knowledge of IBM doors and ANSYS Medini Analyze or similar ALM/PLM management tools
- Experience with embedded software development
- Experience with Systems Engineering
- Experience with system network topology diagrams
- Automotive experience either at work or university, such as Formula SAE, SAE EcoCAR, or other university automotive activity
Additional Information / Must Have's:
- 5 years’ experience - must have
- Top 3 must haves:
- Systems Design Background, Electrical Background, Requirements creation experience
- 2 additional: ability to problem solve, ability to work with a team or alone
- Remote/Hybrid: 85% Remote, 15% on site at CTC as required
- May need to drive a company vehicle from time to time
- Amount of travel is less than 5%
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/