Auburn Hills, MichiganElectrical Architecture Engineer – Associate #895277
The High Voltage Safety Subsystem Integration Architect will be responsible for creating Electrical Architecture Block Diagrams for each High Voltage Electrification Programs. Engineer to possess system knowledge, understand packaging constraints and component specific requirements. Collaborate with internal teams, such as Advanced Engineering, program chief, service organization, electrical and vehicle system requirements along with high voltage Safety team. Regularly review HVS diagram with product team, safety team and architecture team. Update architecture drawings promptly to support program deliverables and milestones.
The Engineer will also be responsible for leading and participating in HV Architecture definition and Safety Subsystem level DFMEA's. Attend regular technical table meetings to understand potential changes to HVS diagram
Make changes as required and maintain HVS Diagram during product development. Keep up to date HV architecture for all program and post accurate version of the diagram on SharePoint.
Provide HVS diagram to architecture team for input into system electrical diagram (SED). Support system requirement team on HV safety feature depicted on the diagram.
Provide feedback for design robustness. Track and convey issues discovered. Document best practices will be updated for Company’s internal continuous improvement.
Engineer in this position shall provide required technical assessment to management and the vehicle teams to assure successful and timely implementation of the safety and Architecture requirements. Center of Excellence team and HV safety subsystem team to ensure best practice design features and processes are implemented for manufacturing, assembly, reliability, and compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Applied Physics, Systems Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited, or ABET equivalent university
- Minimum one year experience in product design or system engineering
- Knowledge in product engineering design and development, with emphasis on systems and product development
- Understand real-time systems, hardware and software
- Understand regulatory requirements, industry standards and recommended practices
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Coordinate activities with cross functional teams
- Master's degree, as accredited by ABET or ABET equivalent; other graduate level technical degrees in the specific area of relevant specialty expertise
- School projects pertaining to electrified vehicles
- Great knowledge of electrification technology, functionality and features on the system level
- A self-starter
- High voltage safety experience with hands-on work on high voltage systems/components
- Experience with HV safety features including isolation, interlock loop, equipotential bonding.
- Knowledge on Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) requirements
- Knowledge on our assembly plant operations and overall development process
- High voltage training and experience is desirable
- HYBRID position
- System Architecture knowledge/experience
- HV component knowledge
- Vehicle integration knowledge
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/