Auburn Hills, MichiganFastener Engineer – Senior #893531
Provide technical expertise and support in relation to mechanical fastening schemes for all vehicles. Drive joint and fastener commonization across vehicle platforms.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with product release engineers to conduct detailed fastener joint design reviews, in order to provide recommendations relative to fastener selection and fastener best practice implementation.
- Direct testing in the fastener lab with bargaining unit personnel.
- Help to develop fastener best practices and fastener design guidelines.
- Respond to plant production issues as required.
- Work with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering on new vehicle programs to reduce fastener/torque complexity.
- Act as main point of contact for product teams for fastener/torque related items for their commodity.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited University (Mechanical preferred).
- 5+ years of Fastener Engineering experience with an automotive OEM or major supplier, with an additional 3 years of engineering experience (total of 8+ years).
- Fastener lab testing experience (torque specification development).
- Fastener selection/recommendation experience.
- Fastened joint design review experience.
- Fastener manufacturing experience.
- Ability to interact with customers.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- System calibration experience.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/