Livonia, MichiganWeb Development Practitioner #905933
- The Prototype organization within Global Quality has an opportunity for a self-directed IT professional who is ready to be part of a small, self-sufficient team managing applications and associated plant floor equipment/servers that conduct plant testing, collect test results and transmit those results to corporate repositories.
- You will be part of our team that drives future vehicle product development through these actions:
- Maintain and upgrade existing data center servers, with the goal of migrating to cloud-based virtual servers over the next 2 years
- Provide production support for web applications housed on these servers
- Hands-on Support of legacy plant floor test equipment (and associated PCs) in our prototype facilities in the Metro Detroit area
- Provide end users with new, innovative solutions via improved hardware, communication or application development
- Self-directed, eager to take responsibility and excited for new challenges
- Solid verbal English communication skills and ability to connect to end users
- Experience as an application team member in any of these (or similar) roles: Production Support Analyst, Server Admin, Database Admin, Developer
- Reliable transportation, as periodic travel to multiple facilities in the Metro Detroit area is required during specific work days when issues/needs arise
- Willingness to develop new skills while resolving challenging problems for our user community
(any combination of these)
- Solid knowledge of server and/or client Windows operating systems
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including Visual Basic for Applications
- Familiarity with test management applications, hardware to collect test results, etc.
- Understanding of relational databases and experience writing ANSI-standard SQL queries
- Familiarity with cyber security software/implementation
- Networking/communication protocol knowledge
- Web maintenance/development or test equipment experience
- Experience maintaining pc/communications hardware
- Experience developing and/or maintaining web applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field, or within 1 year of obtaining Bachelor’s Degree (and enrolled in courses)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/