Auburn Hills, MichiganInterior Component Engineer #895281
The Interior Plastics Release Engineer will be responsible for Interior vehicle packaging and releasing, defining customer requirements in terms of engineering metrics, defining design direction, maintaining all critical program milestones, balancing priorities of multiple customers and executing designs through vehicle launch. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to establishing physical and functional integration of Functional Plastics Components for interior designs through all phases of the program. This includes the planning phase, translating functional objectives into technical requirements and solutions, creating and analyzing alternative design concepts, packaging, and integrating system, components, and benchmarking of competitive vehicles.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Plastics Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills. Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R, FEA and Mold Flow Virtual Validation. Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of CAD Systems (CATIA, UGNX) -Hard Trim or plastic experience preferred.
- Able to use CATIA/NX-view CAD data, spin data, cut sections.
- Basis of problem solving. Reactive problem-solving approach
- Knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R, FEA and Mold Flow Virtual Validation.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills, team builder.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/