Auburn Hills, MichiganBattery Management System Software Verification Engineer #895228
The Battery Verification Engineer works within a team to validate battery management software in electrified powertrains. Will be directly involved in validating controls strategies and embedded software products for automotive battery management systems using hardware-in-the-loop systems (HIL). The Battery Software Engineer develops and executes software test plans in compliance with project timing and budget. This will include cross-functional activity of developing requirements based test procedures, HIL upgrades and plant modeling and working with third party engineering services to execute test automation. who must be a strong team player and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. Will also lead and prioritize work of engineering resources on a day to day basis.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and execute the verification of battery management software at the HIL level.
- Analyze the requirements and features for the system under test, including all the sensors, actuators and its interactions with other systems.
- Define the test framework that simulates and verifies the identified features and performance, both quantitatively and subjectively
- Establish the test framework to execute the software unit and integration testing including the Model In the Loop (MIL), Software In the Loop (SIL) and Hardware In the Loop (HIL) testing
- Develop Software verification plan based on the system and software requirement specifications, functional safety requirements and the robustness requirements.
- Develop the test procedures, test plans and execute them in the project.
- Define the requirements and design the test setup for Software verification on the Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or Software Test Bench using target Hardware.
- Run software verification for planned software releases.
- Work with engineering services companies to automate the testing and determine the test set up needs for automation as well as their assigned test work.
- Summarize results, track issues, establish timing.
- Determine equipment needs and allocation of equipment.
- Independently resolve issues with minimal guidance and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience in automotive vehicle development preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in embedded software verification is required.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in the designing of software verification/validation test setups for the embedded software is required.
- Good understanding of embedded hardware and software design is required.
- Experience with battery cell simulators (dSPACE/ETAS/NI)
- Experience in network protocols (i.e. CAN) and Vector tools is required.
- Experience verifying software to a process (e.g. CMMI / SPICE) is required.
- Experience with Software Configuration and Change Management is required.
- Experience with automated test systems and developing automation tests using CAPL, C# and Python is preferred.
- Experience with microcontroller emulators, debuggers (Lauterbach), logic analyzers, CANalyzers/ CANoe, CANape and similar test equipment is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills is required.
- Excellent time management skills is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/