Auburn Hills, MichiganMechanical Engineer – Intermediate #906038
Hybrid & Automatic Transmission Application Engineer
The application engineer is responsible for managing all external interfaces between the transmission and the vehicle platform. This includes packaging and functional requirements. The application engineer utilizes the rest of the Chief Engineering and PRC organizations to drive decisions impacting the transmission.
- Manages the development of the Applications Matrix including all interface requirements for given programs including all variants and various vehicle platforms
- Coordinates packaging studies with each vehicle application to ensure all clearance requirements are met. Leads advanced vehicle adaptation design studies.
- Updates and coordinates approvals of International Product Spec releases
- Updates and coordinates approvals of owner’s manuals
- Updates and coordinates approvals of CP, Compliance Report Standards
- Negotiates requirements with vehicle platforms based on product limitations and capabilities
- Owns the Transmission Technical Specifications (TTS) and communicates application specific requirements to the team (i.e. max torque, NVH, FE, tire size, FDR selection, mass, etc)
- Defines and tracks adherence to robust vehicle level and system level/sub-system functional objectives
- Coordinates external design changes that require platform approval. Perform TOS as required.
- Coordination of application specific designs (torque converter, dampers, vents, LV & HV wire connections, bracket attachments, trans oil cooling, PIM and e-motor integration, etc) including controls & calibration strategies
- Represents chief organization on vehicle assembly plant requirements & events (i.e. supports pilot builds, EOL test, VIN marking, build issues, etc.). Development Manager leads vehicle assembly issues. AE supports.
- Leads Build Readiness tasks (instrumentation plan, dyno support)
- Coordinates COE assessments of bulletins and AT engineering response to bulletins
- Manage prototype hardware procurements and ED&D reqs
- Manage BRT (Build Readiness Team) for prototype orders
- Lead for shipping & receiving parts/transmissions for builds to/from suppliers
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred).
- Entry level Engineer will be considered a strong candidate, but prefer at least 2 years of experience on transmission or driveline components with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier. Demonstrated working knowledge of Powertrain / Engine / Transmission operation and components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Transmission / Vehicle Assembly Plants -- including Canada & Mexico.
- Working knowledge: Powertrain system adaptation into automotive vehicles. This can be through hands-on automotive mechanic experience, vehicle system durability testing, or transmission adaptation experience.
- General knowledge: Transmissions and driveline operation at a macro level.
- Thorough knowledge: Productivity software from Google and Microsoft.
- Comprehensive knowledge: Productivity software from Google and Microsoft.
- The candidate should be comfortable in the corporate office environment and be aware of the level professionalism that is expected.
- Green/black belt in Shainin or DFSS desirable.
- CAE/CFD experiences on Powertrain structures
- Hands-on involvement in the repair/modification of a vehicle, home or other technically complex project
- Working knowledge of Casting and Injection Molding processes.
- Knowledge of our Systems and/or products a plus
- Experience with electric motors for automotive applications.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) -Understanding of manufacturing and quality process of electric motors.
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/