Jackson, MichiganInternal Corrosion Engineer #900608
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
The IC Engineer frequently coordinates with other internal departments including; Operations, Supply Chain, other engineering disciplines, and many others. As an Internal Corrosion Engineer your role would include, but may not be limited to the following duties; Project Engineering of moderate size emergent projects; Non-project related engineering field support; Product/process research; Procedure writing; Standard Work Instruction writing and ownership; Special projects such as specification ownership, process change management; Consulting with accounting for capital policy decisions; analysis for mitigation of transmission pipelines and facilities for the threat of internal corrosion per 49 CFR PART 192. The primary responsibilities include managing the corrosion coupon program, analyzing the data from the permanently mounted UT sensor program, liquid sampling analysis, managing the maintenance pigging program, and performing print reviews for internal corrosion monitoring.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of up to and beyond eight hours in all kinds of weather; snow, mud, dirt water, ice, etc.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and move up to fifty pounds.
- The recommended maximum weight for employees to lift without the aid of other employees or a lifting device is 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level on the construction site is often loud.
- Individual must have the ability to work up to 16 continuous hours during emergent work.
Types of Location: Corporate Office; Indoor, outdoor, construction sites, and in-ditch work in or around live natural gas equipment
- Great coordination with compression, transmission and distribution operations groups are important for this role
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse group of professionals including operations employees and engineers will set the successful candidate apart.
- Knowledge and/or experience in utility operations
- Ability to solve complex problems; taking new perspectives using existing solutions
- Experience in the engineering of internal corrosion control monitoring systems
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of ASME B31.8, 49 CFR 192, and the Michigan Gas Safety Standards
- Knowledge and application of regulatory compliance and utility trends.
- Experience mentoring employees and leading teams
- Skill in supervisory practices/application of non-direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program or Associates degree in a technical, scientific, or mathematical field
- NACE Certifications (Preferred)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/