dearborn, MichiganData Engineer General #906459
- The Cloud Center of Excellence will support the company and the Data Factory investment, development and product roadmap.
- The Data Engineer will collaborate with both business and technical teams to define data engineering best practices, innovation, improvement, standards and templates.
- The ideal Data Engineer will be a hands-on keyboard full stack data expert willing to challenge status quo, accelerate on-premise migration to the cloud, while becoming a technical expert within the Google Cloud Platform.
- This individual must be able to take on hands-on tasks such as developing and implementing automated, auditable best practices and processes to support both business and technical communities.
- Experimentation, ambiguity and failure is expected; fail fast and fail often.
- The relentless migration to the cloud.
- Critical thinking skills to propose solutions, test, and make them a reality.
- Full Stack Data Engineering Competency in a public cloud – Google, MS Azure, AWS
- Highly Proficient in SQL
- Python, Java, Scala, or Go (or similar)
- Cloud native technologist (ideally GCP)
- Deep understanding of data service ecosystems including data warehousing, lakes, metadata, meshes, fabrics and AI/ML use cases.
- User experience advocacy through empathetic stakeholder relationship.
- Effective Communication both internally (with team members) and externally (with stakeholders)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of GCP offerings, bundled services, especially those associated with data operations Cloud Console, Big Query, Data Flow, Data Fusion, Pub Sub / Kafka, Looker Studio, Vertex AI
- Experience with Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, Spark and other parts of Company’s legacy data platform to support GCP migration.
- Experience with recoding, re-developing and optimizing data operations, data science and analytical workflows and products.
- Data Governance concepts including GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), CCPA (California Consumer Protection Act), PoLP and how these can impact technical architecture
- Drive delivery of efficient data engineering standards, templates, patterns and best practices by effectively using agile process methodology to define work, estimate effort, and measure results.
- Define and complete full stack data engineering tasks: development, implementation, automation and monitoring.
- Work with other departments such as the Data Factory Innovation Team and Architecture to actively participate in data engineering capabilities and proofs of concept to expand understanding, find technical limitations, explore options, and overcome challenges.
- Create high quality, elegant data engineering best practices that focus on cloud-first, encapsulation, repeatability, automation and auditability.
- Work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team building, maintaining and troubleshooting data pipelines.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/