dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #906641
- Data Factory Software Engineer: This position will be part of the Data Factory Enterprise Data Ingestion (EDI) product group using tools like Attunity, Hive, Hbase, Spark, GCP, etc.
- The product team"s objective is to ingest data from hundreds of sources within the company to the EDI Hadoop and GCP environment and perform transformations to make it usable for data scientists in GDIA.
- This position will require an individual who has a strong background with multiple database technologies, who is process oriented and has knowledge Hadoop and GCP environment.
- This role is part of a highly dynamic team supporting GDIA activities.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL databases,
- Experience with GCP based Big Data deployments (Batch/Real-Time) leveraging Big Query, Google Cloud Storage, Pub-Sub, Data Fusion, Dataflow, Dataproc, Cloud functions etc.
- Experience building and optimizing "big data" data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in agile mode.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java
- 10+ years of application development experience
- 3+ years of GCP experience
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale solutioning and operationalization of data warehouses and/or data lakes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or a closely related field of study
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/