Lansing, MichiganProject Manager 3 #906657
This position is for a Senior Project Manager to assist the our Project Management Office supporting Department of Treasury, Lottery and Gaming with a multi-year high priority project. This role, as part of the DTMB Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), works closely with DTMB Agency Services technical teams as well as with agency executives/stakeholders in the delivery of Flow Through Entity Tax Project.
The Flow Through Entity Projects is to address the introduction of House Bill 4288, where taxpayers will be able to file flow through withholding returns and have the election to distribute those withholdings.
The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-vendor deployment supporting a hybrid workforce (combination of on-site and remote work) at all levels of the organization. Applicants should possess exceptional communication and follow up skills along with significant experience in formal IT project management. This position requires the PM to be working in person for 2-3 days a week and reminder can be work from home.
- Utilize our Project Portfolio Management Tool (Clarity) to prepare project schedules, assign resources and management budgets.
- Prepare information for presentations geared to various audiences ranging from executives, managers and project team members.
- Accountable for monitoring, controlling, and communicating project progress by actively managing the cost, schedule, scope, resources, quality, and risks.
- Accountable and responsible for clear, timely, and accurate communications with stakeholders, particularly the project sponsors, project team members, program managers, and Treasury/DTMB management, on the status of the project, using appropriate communication methods.
- Responsible for providing leadership and fostering collaborative participation between the technical and business teams by obtaining consensus and gaining commitment.
- Responsible for working with the project team members to develop and maintain the following key SUITE Project Management Methodology (PMM) deliverables throughout the project lifecycle:
- Project Charter - Project Schedule – Project Budget - Communication Plan – Project Status Report - Risk and Issue Management Plans - Change Requests - Project Closedown Summary
- Responsible for managing interfaces related communication with other agencies
- Responsible for ensuring the project adheres to the SUITE PMM and System Engineering
- Methodology (SEM), including appropriate and timely transitions through the stages and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for facilitating and enforcing the Change Management process (Change Requests) when the project deviates from the approved scope, schedule, or budget.
- This includes ensuring all Change Requests have appropriate approval before action is taken or information is updated.
- Responsible for creating project Corrective Action Plans (CAP) when necessary for projects in yellow or red status.
- Responsible for understanding the project benefits and the impact of change requests to the benefits business cases. Responsible for ensuring related project artifacts are updated accordingly.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding vendor contracts to actively manage the vendor deliverables and adherence to the vendor deliverable approval procedure.
- Facilitates the interactions among stakeholders by clarifying the expectations of all participants and ensuring all deliverables are assigned, reviewed, and completed.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in IT project management, including industry standard and best practices. – Required – 7 years
- Proven record for delivering projects on time and on budget in a formal project manager role – Required – 7 years
- Experience establishing and maintaining project budgets, schedules, change requests, risk and issue logs – Required – 7 years
- Experience developing and delivering project status – Required – 7 years
- Experience using a project portfolio management systems and tools (eg.) Clarity – Required – 5 years
- Possession of a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification. – Highly Desired – 3 years
- Advanced working knowledge of MSProject – Required – 5 years
- Experience handling variety of stakeholders and system owners from other departments. – Highly Desired – 5 years
- Experience providing project management services for IT Projects involving Commercial Off the Shelf Technology (COTS) – Required – 5 years
- Experience managing multi-vendor environment in a government environment. – Highly Desired – 5 years
- Experience managing SAP S4 HANA environment. – Nice to have – 2 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/