Oshkosh, WisconsinProject Engineer-Electrical #946664
- Engineer will support engineering projects from proposal / award through development, prototype, test, and production release to meet customer objectives on-time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting role to the vehicle platform command, control, communications, computers, cyber-defense, intelligence, surveillance (C5ISR) subsystem engineer to assure designs meet customer / statutory requirements and platform team objectives.
- Decomposes and communicates design requirements to core technology engineering teams.
- Creates and maintains project documentation for project planning / communication, requirements analysis, design reviews, DFMEA, DVP&R, issues, status reporting, quality assurance, research, and historical records.
- Develops presentation material and leads design related meetings.
- Effectively communicates with engineering teams, cross-functional business units, and with suppliers to help deliver projects on-time and within budget.
- Understands and applies problem-solving tools. Ensures that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Enforces the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards.
- Performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner which is consistent with the company Way. Conducts duties consistent with the company’s mission statement / objectives and defined policies and procedures.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Must Haves):
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong verbal / written communication and time management / organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of vehicle systems and vehicle power & data architecture
- Experience with a high-level CAD and Pro-E systems
- Basic knowledge of communication and controls systems for combat vehicles
- Understanding and use of systems engineering and problem-solving tools (V-model, safety assessments, DFMEA, DVP&R, requirements documentation, 8D, 5-why, etc.)
- CSEP certification or Systems Engineering experience
- Possess a strong electrical, computers and in-vehicle data network
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/