Lansing, MichiganNetwork Engineer 4 #947042
Provide administrative, technical, programming and engineering support for single and multiple types of Local Area (Network LAN) deployments, Wide Area Network (WAN) topologies, Wireless & WIFI access connectivity, security systems, access systems, Voice over IP. Create and maintain accurate network and system documentation. Platforms consist of diverse mixture of Cisco Switches, Routers & Wireless Access Points, Cisco and Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco VPN
Perform Tier 2 operational support for various NTSD network services. This can include:
- Cisco router and data switch configuration, installation, and support.
- Cisco & Checkpoint firewall hardware configuration & installation, firewall rule analysis and implementation
- Wireless networking configuration, coverage area analysis, access point installation, etc.
- Hardware load balancing services for server & application using Big-lP/F5 devices (Local Traffic Managers, Global Traffic Managers & Application Security Manager)
- Virtual Private Networking configurations for user or site remote access
- Writes configuration scripts, complies with established standards, and modifies delivered programming of telecommunications systems including Data Switching Fabric, Perimeter Security Devices, enterprise Routing schema,
- Internet Protocol telephony systems, User remote and wireless access in SOM network
- Prepares, modifies, and audits technical schematics, data sheets, and configuration databases of deployed data, network and telecommunication products.
- Uses established DTMB and industry communications standards in the development process for telephony and data systems.
- Provides input to standards groups and committees for modification of established standards.
- Develops guidelines and checklists for tier 1 support personnel and works with the Client Service Center (CSC) to improve and correct procedures
- Migrates legacy systems to new platforms 01' perform system upgrades to existing systems
- Evaluate and provide recommended changes to Design documents and requests
- Analyze emerging industry products in the Telecom LAB for supportability and compatibility with established standards
- Report deviations to the engineering team and make recommendations for change
- Attending design meetings to represent delivery technology issues and report outcomes to Network Services management.
- Develop and perform product and user requirement user acceptance testing, for both new requests and previously deployed network and telecommunication systems for future service offering extensions.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree Preferred
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with some of tile as following: Cisco network equipment and 1OS, lOS XE, and Nexus configurations, Cisco 1PT, Cisco Wifi, Checkpoint and Cisco Firewalls, F5 traffic managers and have knowledge of common enterprise protocols.
- Certifications from Cisco and Checkpoint are highly desirable. Ability to work independently and as a member of a group following documented enterprise policies and procedures. Ability to use common office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Visio, and Excel. Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/