Auburn Hills, MichiganSeat Structure Engineer #891837
The Seat Structure Engineer is responsible for design and development of the seat structure system including adjusters, recliners, cushion frames and back frame sub-systems and components. The Engineer will lead the system design/development of the seat structure to meet quality, performance, CWI and functional objectives. Develop and author Design Practices, Lessons Learned, DFMEAs, & DVP&Rs for structure and structure sub-systems as required and will work up front with the vehicle architecture team to determine packaging feasibility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited University is required and 0-3 years of experience.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to lead and direct cross-functional engineering team.
- Strong technical knowledge of seat structure or mechanism design and tooling including metal forming, fastening and welding operations.
- Experience in seat structures or mechanisms design/development, from concept to launch is preferred.
- Assembly plant or seat launch experience preferred.
- Experience with DFMEA and DVP&R preferred.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/