Auburn Hills, MichiganBattery Pack Hardware Validation Engineer #947591
- Construct the validation plan with the approval of functional pack DRE, HW pack DRE and Safety manager
- Verify that the validation plan covers all applicable requirements including Federal, regulatory, and regional specifications
- Verify the quantity of the packs required to complete the validation plan
- Responsible to give the quotation of the validation plan at the HW pack DRE
- Verify the match between the validation plan and the budget allocated
- Prepare, follow and update the validation plan (receipt of the packs, engagement and progress of the tests in regard of the planning,)
- Responsible to write the tests book (all the data concerning the pack to ensure the test : assembly book, the functional requirements, boundary condition,…)
- coordinate the kickoff and the review of the validation plan with the HW pack DRE and the laboratory
- Coordinate the meeting with the external laboratory
- Communicate the validation plan and any updates to the project stakeholders (HW pack DRE), including Design Release Engineers
- Establish the maturity of the packs required for the test, including BOM and software revision
- Open the issue in the case of the failure during the test
- Participate in root cause analysis in case of any test failures
- Review test reports for approval before the release
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, chemistry, ...) Planning
- Working knowledge of transducers, test apparatus, and test procedures
- Communication skills within a global work team
- Able to work largely independently, including work at outsource test facilities.
- Able to coordinate a work group
- Able to do a weekly report
- Capable to work as part of a collaborative team
- Able to work in an agile environment
- Thorough knowledge of applicable test regulations including APAC, EMEA, and NAFTA requirements
- Work is approximately 80/20 hybrid model, e.g. four days per week onsite, one day per week remote
- Go-getter approach is a must-have
- Some workdays will be at outsource test houses in SE Michigan e.g. work offsite but still be able to return home after work
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/