Austin, TexasIT Software Engineer 3 #909365
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
The main function of a Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to client’s specifications and create test data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 5-7 years’ experience required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design large systems software design and development experience
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Experience with ORM tool, SQL, Unit test frameworks, Azure.
- Experience with AdobeXD for UI/UX design and collaboration tool design.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/