Northbrook, IllinoisAnalytic Package Developer #948190
Purpose & Scope:
The Analytic Package Developer will be responsible for providing programming and analytic support for the development of integra table modular programs that answer disease, health, and value questions across us. These modules will be integrated into a larger platform of data sourced from real world data sources. This role will work closely with peers on the RWD Innovations & Solutions team, internal stakeholders and external data partners to develop R packages that can be distributed to federated RWD networks. The desired insights will impact decision making and our ability to deliver maximal value to patients.
This individual will:
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of potential data sources to fill gaps
- Work as member of cross-functional team to scope out analyses to address key questions
- Develop programs that execute analyses on OMOP common data model for quick, reliable
- information on patient populations in the US and globally.
- Ensure that analyses are statistically valid and appropriately planned and executed;
- Deliver prototypes of new analytical methods, dashboards, and tools that enable efficiencies
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop R packages that either leverage OHDSI tools or from scratch to conduct analysis of healthcare data that has been converted to OMOP CDM
- Support team members in the development of analytic modules as requested
- Contribute to tool planning and design
- Conduct exploratory data analyses of data sources to assess fit for purpose; incorporate into disease-specific data tables to support integrated analyses.
- Implement analyses and studies, defining endpoints, executing protocols with data programming, conducting statistical analyses using primarily R and SQL
- Deliver innovative prototypes involving new methods, visualizations, integrations, and customizations that enable democratization of data, knowledge, and insights throughout us.
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Experienced programmer in developing R packages
- Experienced SQL programmer
- Familiar with cloud computing working environments
- Consistent track record of developing and executing analyses with various types of patient- level RWD data sources including large clinical registries, insurance claims, electronic medical records, laboratory results, genetic markers, gene expression data, mutation data, and potential digital assets that may be derived from biobank specimens
- Familiar with reproducible research practices like version control and literate programming
- Experience working on project teams and managing projects within a matrix environment
- Excellent organizational, people, project and time management skills
- Solid oral, written, and presentation communication skills (e.g. able to clearly communicate statistical and epidemiological issues and methods to statisticians and non-statisticians)
- Experience working with the OMOP Common Data Model
- Experience with OHDSI tools
- Advanced degree
- Work experience in support of biopharmaceutical R&D activities
- Experienced in the development and publication of R Shiny applications
- Experience with other statistical programs and programming languages
- Working knowledge of common databases and repositories in the US, Europe, and Asia such as insurance claims, EMR, registries, and omics.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/