Livonia, MichiganSystems Engineering Practitioner #948208
- This is an Information Technology Operations based role that supports our Livonia Transmission Plant which builds the transmissions that go into our top selling and Lincoln products such as F-150, Explore, Bronco, Expedition, Navigator, Aviator, Nautilus and many more.
- Our plant also builds components for the electric engine that drives our Mustang Mach-E.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to be a member of the Site IT team and assist in reimagining how site IT lends support to the manufacturing team, as we modernize the plant floor with new technology to reduce complexity and increase efficiency.
- As a member of the Plant IT team, you are directly responsible for maintaining the systems that keep each of our 4 transmission lines running.
- Your job responsibilities will require you to provide support that includes technical troubleshooting, data analysis & problem resolution for the applications & infrastructure that the plant uses to produce transmissions for our company and Lincoln vehicles globally.
- You will also lend your knowledge and experiences to support process improvement efforts toward flexible and lean manufacturing, enabling IIOT for Manufacturing and supporting the existing manufacturing execution systems within the facility.
- This position provides an excellent opportunity to not only expand your IT Skillset, but also to acquire manufacturing experience that will enhance your long-term career potential.
- A strong desire to learn manufacturing operations and business practices from an IT perspective is desired.
- Broad business and manufacturing perspective is helpful.
- Understanding of computer-based tools, computing infrastructure and interest in processes that support manufacturing is core.
- A Willingness to work in a high-pressure production environment and flexible work schedule is a foundation in this space.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Support a multi-shift operation in a manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in support a multi-shift operation. Requires rotating schedule to support business processes. (Days, nights and or weekends).
- Provide technical support (I.T. Applications, Infrastructure, operating systems, end-user-productivity tools) to plant business customers throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Interface with Business IT and business owners to prioritize improvement efforts.
- Support Plant Floor Systems / PDO teams in resolving incidents; Support escalations, provide hands and feet to support teams and other global teams (e. g. DBA, Server Operations, Ops Control, Network Operations) if necessary.
- Focus on the integration / long term maintenance of applications and hardware.
- Assist team lead with managing assignments and workload.
- Develop, maintain, and share, accurate support documentation.
- Support of local network equipment in a Cisco based environment.
- Support of local servers across both physical and virtual environments in a Windows and Linux based ecosystem.
- Support of IIOT deployments and expansion efforts utilizing iOS and Android based equipment.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple tasks
- Work efficiently and effectively with diverse, cross functional teams under stressful circumstances
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams.
- The ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience, work with all levels of management and diverse work groups, including globally distributed teams. Including the ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience across all levels of management and knowledge.
- Motivated self-starter
- Identifying, investigating & solving problems without supervision
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate will have or be willing to quickly learn the following items:
- Experience with Server administration; Windows (2012+) or Linux
- Familiar with Cisco routers and switches to include basic staging, troubleshooting and cable installation.
- Knowledge of Windows server and Windows Active Directory/ADFS
- Experience with VM servers (Vsphere).
- Experience with Android and/or iOS, iPhones, iPads.
- Experience with Mac OS.
- Experience with Office365.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience with Office automation
- Experience with FIS, QLS-CM, QTS, QWX, PDS, LMA, OBL, QDAS
- Experience with Dell PC’s, Dell Laptops, HP Printers, and HP Servers
- Any plant floor automation experience is highly desired (Control systems, PLC’s, etc.), but not required.
- High School
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/