Deerfield, IllinoisCustomer Support Technician I #948257
The Technical Support Specialist provides customers with technical support for software and
hardware product issues in a remote call center environment. This position effectively analyzes reported issues, follows detailed troubleshooting guidelines, and work instructions to assess root cause and identify solutions to resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner. Technical Support Specialists enjoy helping others, working independently as part of a greater team, applying attention to detail, and using critical thinking skills to provide customer focused solutions.
The Essential Roles and Responsibilities of the Role are:
- Provides level 1 support to customers via phone, chat, and/or email for our products and system peripherals focusing on customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency to resolve customer issues.
- Instructs customers on how to use hardware and software applications.
- Records and documents all customer interactions properly in accordance with defined procedures, ensuring accuracy in reporting.
- Interfaces and interacts effectively with our employees and customers, including pharmacy personnel and IT professionals.
- Engages additional departments and escalates issues to appropriate personnel and/or departments.
- Regularly uses mobile devices such as cell phone, laptop and tablet to communicate with customers, update work orders, complete checklists or call scripts, access portals and training, diagnose problems, and maintain schedule of activities.
- Maintains product knowledge through continuous training and uses the latest troubleshooting methods, SOPs, training manuals, and other reference materials.
- Maintains compliance with laws protecting data privacy including HIPAA and GDPR.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies, and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proactive and results-oriented who can work independently and as part of a team to effectively manage assignments and support customer queues.
- Must have proven ability to exercise independent judgment and draw accurate conclusions in order to effectively troubleshot technical issues based on available information.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to react quickly, accurately, and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Ability to understand the importance of details and convey the meaning to others.
- Ability to follow steps, actions, or instructions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g. login instructions, navigation, database connections).
- Highly proficient and comfortable navigating and using computers and computer-based systems.
- General knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and peripheral devices such as printers, and scanners.
- Required to maintain reliable internet connection to effectively support business systems.
- Ability to sit and look at a computer and/or mobile devices for long periods of time.
- Required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, as well as "on-call" on a rotational basis
- May require expertise in electro-mechanical problem solving and reading electrical and pneumatic diagrams as well as knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems
Experiences and Education:
Education or Formal Training:
- High School diploma or GED required
- College degree in computer information systems or related field preferred
- Technical certifications are a plus
- 2 years related experience providing technical support
- Experience using mobile devices such as cell phone, laptop and tablet to perform work activities
- Previous call centre experience is highly preferred
- Experience contributing and accessing information from a Knowledge Management system
- Experience supporting web-based and client-server database applications
- Experience installing and/or supporting Microsoft Windows servers and networks
- Experience installing and/or troubleshooting computer hardware and software, including
- applications and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, scales, infusion pumps and other devices
- Medical device industry background
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/