Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Practitioner #908191
Objectives of this Role
- Implement enhancements and fix production support issues in the TWOS application that meet the requirements of the business.
- Participate in projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, hour estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- To coordinate business resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined requirements, in collaboration with business stake holders.
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope and timelines, to ensure that the team adheres to project requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing updates on project status and changes
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently
- Continuous improvement approach, proactively look for and correct issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, team oriented, and highly motivated
- Ability to work on concurrent high priority tasks
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong analytical abilities including experience with in-depth problem analysis and the ability to match solutions to customer expectations
- Strong analytical abilities and knowledge of software development lifecycle and planning
- Familiarity with agile methodology, framework and application lifecycle management tools. Rally Software and Quality Center familiarity a plus
- 3+ years experience with coding and scripting languages. COBOL/Microfocus COBOL/HP Transact a plus
- Experience using IDE’s for code development
- 3+ years experience with Oracle databases, SQL, complex queries, database structures
- Ability to utilize desktop tools to accelerate communications (IM, WebEx, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity of source code management repositories. GitHub a plus
- Functional experience with Payroll, Benefits, Timekeeping, Accruals, Leave Management, Employee Scheduling, Attendance Management and Labor Forecasting systems.
- Prior experience in the manufacturing and automobile industry
- Oracle Database
- IDE development environment
- Microsoft Tools (e.g. Excel, MS Access, etc)
- ALM Quality Center
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/