Auburn Hills, MichiganPowertrain HIL Application Engineer #908341
- The Powertrain HIL application engineer's job is to support the HIL users for setup, trouble-shooting, and assist with basic root cause analysis activities.
- This engineer will be somewhat of a liaison between the HIL end-users and the HIL support team; this engineer will be the front line for HIL support.
- Expected to be a self-starter and motivated to learn multiple areas of the HIL, including model, hardware, configuration, and validation, in order to be able to assist with a wide variety of issues.
- Additional responsibilities include managing general lab operations, and overseeing HIL Lab coordination.
- The Powertrain HIL Application Engineer will be communicating with many different people and levels, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- Front line of HIL support for multiple types of issues.
- Assist HIL users to effectively use the equipment.
- Stay apprised of HIL development processes and tools.
- Assist in forecasting annual HIL Lab spending for modules and facility needs and tracking actual spending to allocated budget.
- Provide leadership to facilitate process improvement activities within the lab.
- 100% onsite at CTC
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related degree.
- Minimum 1 year of HIL work experience (preferably dSPACE)
- Previous experience performing end-user technical support.
- Required to be familiar with HIL validation and equipment.
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to contribute to continuous process improvement.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken engineering technical English language
- Technical writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
- Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/