Northbrook, IllinoisBusiness and Operations Manager #948420
Purpose & Scope:
6-8 Month Assignment
Business Operations Associate role will support day-to-day operational activities for the Commercial Capabilities organization.). The responsibility will include activities related to contracting & purchasing support (MyContract, MyBuy), budget tracking and development, department communications, managing submission of various projects to HQ, maintenance of departmental share point sites and department project coordination.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate My Contract & My Buy process, track invoices, and manage payment status of each Purchase Order.
- Support Budget and Mid Term Planning Exercise
- Support TA heads and Group heads to prepare annual-budget plan and midterm financial plan for the department
- Support Department head review and approval of annual-budget plan and midterm financial plan for submission to Corporate Finance
- Support budget tracking spending against budget plan and informing the budget owners of the progress
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Monthly and Quarterly Departmental update reports to various stakeholders including Sr. executives, Corporate Planning
- Coordinating submission of reports from TA heads and support group heads
- Consolidating reports to create executive summary for the Department head
- Conducting Monthly/Quarterly report review meeting for the Department head
- Enable active cross-functional communication within team through appropriate methods; provide meeting facilitation of appropriate Commercial Capabilities organization and Sub-teams (as appropriate), including teams with external partners.
- Developing and maintaining the communication platforms, distribution lists and share points sites for the Commercial Capabilities organization
- Responsible for coordination of department level projects and activities.
- Responsible for ad hoc projects, including sharing of best practices, the development of templates, Organizational Context:
- Reports directly to Commercial Capabilities Strategy & Operations Lead
- Supports each the SVP Commercial Capabilities and each of the Global Capability Area heads on operational matters of the Department
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management/coordination or administrative support required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting and under management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective collaboration relationships with team members and internal/external partners.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a high volume workflow and follow a project through to completion, ensuring attention to detail and highest level of accuracy within required timeframe.
- Experience working with both internal and external customers and business partners.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with groups with varied cultural backgrounds and learning styles.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving results through work efforts and ability to drive to desired goal completion.
- Intermediate to Advanced competency and experience with a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Office, MS Project, SharePoint, MyBuy, MyContract
- Experience collaborating with knowledgeable individuals from within and outside the departments, as well as affiliates in the US, Europe and Japan.
- Ability to self-motivate and drive for strong results.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/