Lansing, MichiganProject Manager 1 #948623
- This position is for a Project Manager to assist our PMO supporting the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with high priority enterprise projects.
- This role, as part of the DTMB Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), will be working with all levels of the organization and will follow project management industry practices based on PMI.
- The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-project deployment environment in a hybrid workforce (combination of on-site and remote work).
- Applicants should possess exceptional communication and follow up skills along with experience in formal IT project management practices.
- This position requires the Project Manager to be working in person at the office for 2-3 days a week and the other days can be worked remotely.
Project Manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide project management support for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
- Define project scope, duration, resources, and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
- Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
- Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
- Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Clarity and Azure DevOps) on all projects.
- Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally, work with other IT managers and IT technical teams.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Accountable for monitoring, controlling, and communicating project progress by actively managing the cost, schedule, scope, resources, quality, and risks.
- Accountable and responsible for clear, timely, and accurate communications with stakeholders, particularly the project sponsors, project team members, and project managers.
- Responsible for working with the project team members to develop and maintain the following key SUITE Project Management Methodology (PMM) deliverables throughout the project lifecycle:
- Project Charter - Project Schedule – Project Budget - Communication Plan - Project Status Report - Risk and Issue Management Plans - Change Requests - Project Closedown Summary
- Responsible for facilitating and enforcing the Change Management process (Change Requests) when the project deviates from the approved scope, schedule, or budget. This includes ensuring all Change Requests have appropriate approval before action is taken or information is updated.
- Responsible for creating project Corrective Action Plans (CAP) when necessary for projects in yellow or red status.
- Responsible for understanding the project benefits and the impact of change requests to the benefits business cases. Responsible for ensuring related project artifacts are updated accordingly.
Top Skills and Experience Required:
- Running enterprise infrastructure projects. 1 – 3 years
- 1 – 3 years
- Managing Tasks in Azure DevOps. 1 – 3 years
- 1 – 3 years
- Running Project Meetings via MS Teams. 1 – 3 years
- Creating Project Artifacts such as charters, PM Plans, Budgets, Lessons Learned. 1 – 3 years
- Excellent Documentation skills. 2 – 4 years
- Excellent Communications skills 2 – 4 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/