Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #948722
- GDI&A is looking for a Software Engineer focused on building and driving the strategy forward for our internal AI/ML platform.
- This role will work in a small, cross-functional teams.
- The position will collaborate directly and continuously with business partners, product managers and designers, and will release early and often.
- The team you will be working on supports ML Practitioners and Data Scientists in their Mach1ML (our AI/ML platform similar to Uber’s Michelangelo, Facebook’s FBLearner, etc) on GCP journey or other ML Engineering / MLOps tasks, focusing on Mach1ML adoption and AI/ML democratization.
- Work closely with Tech Anchor, Product Manager and Product Owner to deliver machine learning use cases using Agile Methodology.
- Work with other Software and ML Engineers to tackle challenging AI problems.
- Participate in Pair Programming for cross training/upskilling, problem solving, and speed to delivery.
- Leverage latest ML and GCP technologies.
- Work with Architects to make technical decision on tools, integration, and other issues.
- Drive PoCs/Discoveries of new tools and technologies to support robust ML Platform
- Collaborate with other software engineers to understand platform vision, break out tasks and help them solve complex issues.
- Grow technical capabilities / expertise and provide guidance to other software engineers on the team.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- Experience working with Google Cloud platform
- Experience in delivering machine learning software products using iterative approach.
- Experience in Software Craftsmanship such as Paired Programming, Test Driven Development, DevOps etc.
- Experience in supporting continuous improvement by investigating development alternatives.
- Experience using Machine Learning tools (pytorch, tensorflow, xgboost etc).
- Experience applying Agile practices to solution delivery.
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Must be team-oriented and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter to understand existing bottlenecks and come up with innovative solutions.
- Open to learning new technology.
- Knowledge of coding and best practices.
- Experience and good understanding of Machine Learning / Python / Java / Google Cloud / DevOps / CICD
- Understanding or desire to learn end to end Machine Learning technology stack (Tools such as Domino Data Labs, Kubeflow, Kubernetes, Seldon Core, GCP, Jupyter Notebook, HPC, Hive, Hadoop, etc).
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to share/teach others, work collaboratively with others.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations and impact of pricing.
- Prior experience working with container technology, docker files, docker images, GitHub, CI/CD concepts.
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning Technologies.
- 2+ years of work experience as a software engineer with exceptional software engineering knowledge.
- 1+ years of experience working with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field of study
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/