Auburn Hills, MichiganCost Analyst Intermediate #949223
The Assembly Cost & Inventory Manager is responsible for providing accounting guidance and support for various complex assembly inventory and variance accounting issues.
This position is specifically responsible for:
- managing a staff of third-party professional employees, both on shore and off shore
- deciding on questions relating to the reconciliation of inventory balances and the categorization of production variances including from standard by type
- participating in the establishment and review of productive standards for material, labor and burden each time new standards are established (usually annually)
- monitoring the activities of production control during physical inventories of assembly plants roughly taken once every two years
- designing and reviewing all non-inventory and assembly inventory manual journal entries prepared by office and plant staffs following the policies and procedures
- reconciling balance sheet accounts involved in accordance with established policies and procedures for such reconciliations
- tracking of compliance and internal control design
- active involvement in the preparation of financial statements.
The leadership nature of the positions requires interactions with
- senior manufacturing operations management,
- senior representatives from Finance, Tax, Production Control and Purchasing, and
- internal, external and auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA. Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, including public accounting or private industry accounting
- Knowledge of SAP structures and programs required
- Knowledge of IFRS structures and programs required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting with CPA
- Master's degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Experience in audit, SOX, and internal controls
- Solid leadership experience managing projects, leading cross-functional teams and accountability for getting things done
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to translate complex accounting processes to non-accounting business partners
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to on-demand projects as they arise
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in working style to effectively manage change
- Practical application and use of IFRS including demonstrated ability to research and document technical accounting issues and resolutions
- Knowledgeable of SAP, inventory systems, Accounts payable and payroll
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/