Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Consultant/Expert #949323
- The PEM-OA Software Engineer will work within a Product Driven Organization (PDO) structure that uses small, cross-functional teams to develop analytic applications.
- The role embraces lean and agile practices, software best practices, automated CI/CD application builds using Jenkins or Tekton, alignment with the Open API Specification, software quality scanning, automated testing, and CI/CD.
- DEGREE BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Work on a PDO Team and collaborate with the Product Manager, Product Designer and other Software Engineers to deliver analytic applications.
- The Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and ongoing support/maintenance of the analytic applications.
- PRODUCT AND REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT: Participate in and/or lead development of use cases, requirements, test cases, epics, sub-epics, features, user stories, and tasks.
- AUTHOR: Process and Design Documents
- DESIGN/DEVELOP/TEST/DEPLOY: Work with the Business Customer, Product Owner, Architects, Product Designer and other Software Engineers on application design, development and deployment of applications and data products. Participate in daily stand-up meetings.
- OPERATIONS: Generate Metrics, Perform User Access Authorization, Perform Password Maintenance, Perform SharePoint Administration. Participate in daily operations meetings.
- INCIDENT, PROBLEM AND CHANGE/SERVICE REQUESTS: Participate and/or lead incident, problem, change and service request related activities. Includes root cause analysis (RCA). Includes proactive problem management / defect prevention activities.
- Use ITConnect (BMC) and Webex Team Daily.
- Java SW development – both front-end and back-end development are expected
- Java / J2ee
- Development environments Eclipse or similar tooling
- Cloud, container image development and container orchestration
- Experience working with cloud environments, including GCP, Pivotal Cloud Foundary (PCF), OpenShift, Docker/Kubernetes
- Data Manipulation
- SQL data manipulation (Relational and NoSQL)
- Products (relational) including SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle
- Products (big data) including GCP, Hadoop
- Products (streaming) including Kafka and MQTT
- Build tools
- Build Tools like Tekton, Jenkins, GRADLE
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- SW Development Methodology
- Practiced eXtreme Programming (XP) disciplines including paired programming, test first / Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Software Development
- QlikSense, QlikView
- Data Engineering
- Data Architecture
- Database administration
- Data Manipulation
- Database and SQL tuning
- Database operations
- Personal and Professional
- Self-starter / self-directed – able to work independently and take initiative
- Critical Thinking
- Strong Root Cause Analysis
- Process improvement – able to identify areas of improvement (process, performance, communication, collaboration, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years
- BSE Computer Science or equivalent
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/