Newark, New JerseyStaff Accountant #908579
The staff accountant has primary responsibility for financial accounting and financial reporting, including profit and loss statement and balance sheet management. This role is responsible coordinating and performing account analysis and reconciliations. Additional responsibilities include project management control and maintenance of internal controls including J-SOX compliance and other audit requests as necessary.
Bookkeeping and Financial Data Management:
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Define and post reclass entries as needed
- Prepare various allocations
- Prepare accruals and other adjusting entries
- Prepaid expense amortization and other adjusting entries
- Record fixed assets and intangible assets addition, disposal, and impairment
- Record and clear non-trade receivable and payable
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost-efficient operation
- Support cash management function in forecasting, journalizing and/or reconciling cash activities
- Responsible for Canadian branch bookkeeping and account analysis
- Perform SAP task and operation procedures related to inventory, including goods receipt, transfer, disposal.
- Ensure transaction level supporting and approvals are obtained and maintained properly.
Controls and Compliance:
- Ensure full compliance with accounting policies and procedures, internal controls, and JSOX requirement
- Ensure protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience Investigate, resolve or report to the accounting manager any inconsistencies or improprieties
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Minimum of 2 years cumulative accounting experience. Advance Excel, MS Office Suite.
- SAP is strongly preferred.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform assigned account analysis on a monthly basis. Identify and research account discrepancies
- Review assigned general ledger accounts and correct journal entries
- Assist business partner or general accounting manager in performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Produce financial data to complete various tax packages throughout the year
TOP 3 SKILLS:
- SAP knowledge
- Basic accounting (P&L, Balance Sheets
- Variance Analysis
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/