Atlanta, GeorgiaMTS Tester 1 #909349
Responsible for providing guidance in the development, test, release, and integration efforts of software and hardware associated activities. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Focal point for software development, integration, and problem investigation for all assigned equipment.
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting Android OS as well as Android applications. Create Android Test apps for issue investigation.
- Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the S/W Development groups.
- Oversee and lead test, integration, and regression testing activities for assigned LRU and system functionality. Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented, reviewed, and
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
- Participate in the design, development, and requirements reviews for the
- Create test procedures based-on system requirements and/or design
- Oversee Troubleshooting and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
- Develop Automation Testing through scripting and internal tools.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
- IFE and/or Avionics industry related experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with basic avionics interfaces.
- Familiarity with QML, QT Plugins
- Strong technical background in software development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable in standard test practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with any database language a plus.
- Strong background and understanding of Windows and Linux OS.
- Foundational knowledge of administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is desired.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- May provide guidance to other technical positions.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Work on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
- Develops solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope.
- Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
Possess one or more of the following:
- Experience in embedded software development testing.
- Experience with working in real-time operating system environments.
- Aircraft engineering or avionics industry related experience.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Occasional time spent at test rack (up to 50%).
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/