Irvine, CaliforniaDatabase Administrator 3 #908012
Design, deploy, maintain, manage, tune, and troubleshoot the Microsoft SQL servers and database components that are hosted on-premises and in the cloud (IaaS/PaaS). Install and upgrade MS SQL (Windows-based systems and servers), managing access to the servers, and maintaining the security and stability of the MS SQL Server infrastructure.
Description % of Time
- *****60% - Operational Work:
- Troubleshoot and resolve SQL Server system and database issues, including root cause analysis and mitigation of future issues
- Collaborate and communicate with support personnel with internal departments and vendor partners
- Provide timely and efficient support to assigned operations
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of Microsoft SQL environments including servers, services, and security
- Apply security patches and hotfixes
- Handle weekly on-call rotation shifts as well as act as escalation for MS SQL services from other on-call staff members
- *****30% - Architect/Design Work:
- Work with stakeholders and other technical teams to collect business and technical requirements and present enterprise or department/application specific solutions
- Scope, plan, design, document, implement, and align a globally distributed Microsoft SQL Server services infrastructure, including maintenance plans, backups, upgrades, performance monitoring and tuning, and migration as per company policy for large scale organizations.
- *****10 % - Documentation and compliance:
- Create and maintain documentation of new and existing Microsoft SQL environments, processes, workflows, troubleshooting, licensing, etc for global enterprise
- Assist in ensuring alignment with PAC policies and procedures
- Support audits (internal/external) for all Microsoft SQL Server subject areas.
- Strong understanding of architecting, implementing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server technologies in a global enterprise environment with 24/7/365 availability, including High Availability and Fault Tolerance technologies.
- Ability to create, customize, debug, and deploy scripts (PowerShell, TSQL, etc.). Familiarity with VMware virtualization platform and Azure-based IaaS/PaaS Microsoft SQL Server solutions.
- Familiarity with storage subsystems as they relate to Microsoft SQL Server operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a national and global teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or Microsoft SQL certification.
- 5+ years of enterprise experience as a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator for SQL Server 2012 and later.
- 2+ years of Azure SQL database operations background strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in working with a large enterprise distributed computing environment.
- Other relevant certifications are a plus, especially relating to Microsoft Windows Server support.
- English language fluency for written and spoken communication, including documentation creation for various audiences and occasional presentations to internal teams and management.
- Ability to work sitting for extended periods (up to 2 hours at a time, up to 8 hours a day).
- NO TRAVEL REQUIRED
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/