Oshkosh, WisconsinSolutions Architect IV #885709
- The Information Technology (IT) Architect is a senior technical role in the IT organization that shall develop, maintain, assure and evolve the architecture discipline across the role’s specific subject domain (which shall include Network, Messaging, Application, Data Center, Enterprise or Information Architecture).
- This individual is responsible for conceiving, proposing, planning, maintaining, enhancing, ensuring business alignment with, and growing their domain architecture.
- The role is necessary to ensure their architecture domain is neither over- nor under- built when compared with current and future needs of the commercial enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for planning up to two more architectural domains.
- Oversees research into industry stands, architectural and structural options, features and functionality; and creating use cases, models, design structures/patterns; and conducting planning meetings.
- Establishes and maintains a current state representation of their domain(s) and their responsible area.
- Oversee the research, design and advocate for new technologies, architectures, and products that will enable the business to operate “better-cheaper-faster-safer”.
- Govern the selection of modeling tools and skill development across their architectural domain.
- Responsible for effectively communicating modeling concepts and progress tracking with IT specialists, project teams, business and IT leaders.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the various IT disciplines (e.g. Infrastructure, Applications).
- Ensure project teams comply with current standards, policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring solutions align to the organization’s ability to build and maintain.
- Provide high level technical leadership to project and operations teams, as needed, by acting as a consultant on fit-for-use analysis, build-vs-buy, and solution-optioning/selection/decision activities.
- Responsible for authoring standards, as needed, and for ratification by IT leadership.
- Responsible for communicating standards, and for educating project and operations teams on their scope, intent, and identify and assist in the remediation of any out-of-standard situations.
- Lead and influence other enterprise architects, subject matter experts, and IT personnel to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, while meeting business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in an Information Technology such as Infrastructure, Applications, or related experience.
- One (1) or more years of experience supervising work projects, daily operations, or related experience.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Graduate degree in Information Systems, Management or equivalent.
- Relevant industry recognized certifications (Cisco, CCIE, etc.)
- Experience with industry standard architectural framework (FEAF, DoDAF, Zachman, TOGAF, Semantic Data Broker, etc.).
- Experience working with abstract concepts in innovative ways to solve problems.
- Experience with consensus building to bring together opposing views and steering debates toward practical solutions and paths forward.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to interact with company personnel, builds strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and understands business imperatives.
- Strong understanding of the business impact of IT tools, technologies and policies.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, management and business personnel.
- Physical Demands: Frequent Sitting, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Manual Dexterity; Seldom Standing, Walking/Running, Sitting, Reaching, Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Fine Dexterity; Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion, and Lifting/Carrying and Pushing/Pulling up to 40lbs
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/