Rolling Meadows, IllinoisSenior Database Developer #897373
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop new products
- Work on extensions of existing products
- Suggest and implement improvements on current products
- Plan, design, develop, manage, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing modules
- Resolve issues proactively to deliver high quality products
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Candidate must have at least 8 years of proven experience working through the design, development, release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Candidate should have large / enterprise application development experience
- Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle.
- Strong time management, and problem solving skills.
- Candidate should be able to manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross-functional technical teams
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design/development stage as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Understanding of BI and Reporting Platforms along with industry trends and direction in BI/reporting
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes.
- Knowledge of Source Control and Project Management tools like bitbucket, and JIRA
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough with careful attention to detail.
- Strong Postgres experience
- Maintain and modify existing data sets, data loads, documentation, policies, procedures, and other data solutions
- Create, design, and develop data models for multiple applications
- Design and implement ETL procedures for intake of data from multiple applications in Data Warehouse
- Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis
- Design, implement and maintain analytics and business intelligence platform architecture for Data warehouse
- Perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models
- Prepare various code designs and ensure efficient implementation of the same
- Evaluate all codes and ensure the quality of all project deliverables
- Knowledge of shell scripting is a plus
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/