Staff Accountant #544053
- This position requires a pro-active approach to daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual Accounting Tasks, to ensure timely and accurate closings.
- Strong accounting knowledge and problem-solving skills are critical for this position.
Basic Qualifications Scope:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting preferred or comparable experience (3 - 5 years in Staff Accountant role) Problem Solving: (complexity of problems)
- Ability to research complex problems and provide immediate, as well as, permanent solutions.
- Efficiency and automation focused.
- Ability to create structure for various links to one point of data entry.
- Continuous Improvement Mentality Know How: Advanced Excel, SAP, Word Processing, Lotus Notes or other E-mail Software, Hyperion Enterprise/Excel;
- Advanced spreadsheet knowledge critical– Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MACROS Communications: (key communications contacts and level of persuasion required)
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to explain policy and accounting details to non-accountants.
- Ability to act as a mediator on process discussions with Sales, Development, Operations, and Management.
- Presentation and persuasion skills critical.
- Financial Data Processing and Management
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Prepare all Accruals/Reversals/Recurring/Manual J/Vs to complete closing tasks to achieve 3 day close.
- Handle day to day transactions related to A/P and A/R and provide immediate resolution to issues.
- Analyze information by verifying information and developing spreadsheet reports
- Prepare ledger entries by maintaining files and records, and reconciling accounts
Controls and Compliance
- Ensure full compliance with PNA, PSSNA, PA, PC, and SOX policies
- Protect organization’s integrity by keeping firm and client information confidential
- Work with other departments and BUs to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and presentations.
- Answer financial and accounting questions by researching into and interpreting data
- Provide accounting support by converting data to general ledger system, obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements and reviewing financial information
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/